Apartments & Houses
- Application & signed co-signer form is turned in online www.grrentals.com
- Security Deposit – equal to a month of rent (Non-refundable if lease is not signed within 30 days. Security deposits cannot be used toward rent at any time.
- Last month’s rent is due and lease must be signed 30 days after the security deposit is put down.
- First month’s rent is due 30 days before the lease starts, or sooner if there are not 30 days between lease signing and move in.
- If moving in within a month of putting down the security deposit, the lease must be signed and first and last month’s rents paid no later than 1 week before the lease starts.
- Applications may be completed and submitted online.
- It is mandatory that all tenants under the age of 21 have a co-signer with their lease, no matter the credit score or circumstances. The co-signer requirement for tenants 21 or older will be determined according to the credit score. The co-signer form is attached to the application, and must be completed before the application will be processed.
- Anyone without a social security number must have a co-signer that guarantees they will be accessible to G&R Rentals and in the United States past the term of the lease. If a co-signer that fits these requirements cannot be obtained then the entire 12 months plus security deposit must be paid before the lease starts.
- No exceptions to any of the aforementioned policies.
- The Resident Selection Policy attached to this page details all of the qualifications and procedures for renting a housing unit from G&R Rentals.
APARTMENT VISITOR PARKING POLICY
Visitor Parking Policy (Overview)
**2300 S. Illinois Avenue:
Parking for G&R Rentals residents and visitors is on the right side of the driveway only. (Parking on the left hand side of the driveway is subject to towing by that property owner). There is not a designated visitor lot so visitor’s vehicles are allowed in any of the lots. Visitors that will be parked in the parking lot after 11:00 PM must obtain a visitor pass from the office. Any visitor in the parking lot after 11:00 without a visitor pass is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
**921 – 927 E. Grand Avenue
The parking lots directly to the west and east of the buildings are for residents only 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Visitors at all times must park in the Grand Avenue Mall Parking lot, to the east of and first three spots behind Subway, between the orange visitor parking signs. Visitors that will be parked in the visitor parking after 11:00 PM must obtain a visitor pass from the office. Any visitor in the visitor parking area after 11:00 PM without a visitor pass is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
**614 & 704 E. Park Street
All of the parking on Park Street is for Residents only 7 days a week 24 hours a day, except for the posted visitor parking spots. Visitors at all times must park in these designated parking areas. Visitors that will be parked in the visitor parking areas after 11:00 PM must obtain a visitor pass from the office. Any visitor in the visitor parking areas after 11:00 PM without a visitor pass is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
**Parking behind and around the Grand Avenue Mall, except as defined for Grand Avenue Apartment visitors, is subject to towing all times of the day. The Grand Avenue Mall parking lot cannot be used for residents or visitors of any of the properties owned by G&R Rentals.
*Resident Parking stickers are only good for the specific property that the resident lives at. For example, Grand Avenue residents cannot park in the Park Street resident lots without being subject to being towed. Also if a resident is visiting a friend at another property owned by G&R Rentals, that resident must still obtain a visitor parking pass per the parking policy for the property they are visiting.
*Visitor passes are only issued to the resident of the property being visited. Under no circumstances can a visitor obtain a visitor pass.
*Visitor passes are to be obtained at the office at 851 E. Grand Avenue during office hours. If a pass cannot be obtained during office hours the resident may then go to the Grand Avenue Laundromat at 867 E. Grand Avenue and get a visitor pass from the laundromat attendant. The Grand Avenue Laundromat can issue passes until 11:00 PM 7 days a week. In such cases where passes are obtained at the Grand Avenue Laundromat, the resident may be required to show the attendant a picture ID before the pass is issued.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Grand Avenue Laundromat only carries a limited number of passes, if they happen to run out, your visitor will have to either find a different place to park or take their chances with the towing company. We suggest that if you know your visitor is coming, in advance of them getting here, you come in to the office to pick up your visitor pass.
*On “special” weekends such as Graduation weekend, The Grand Avenue Laundromat will only issue 1 visitor pass per tenant for the entire weekend. On these weekends, it is strongly encouraged that all visitor passes be obtained from the office. You will receive an e-mail before those weekends reminding you of this policy.
*There is not a fee for visitor passes as long as the pass is returned when the visitor leaves. If the visitor pass is lost or stolen there is a $50 replacement fee.
*Visitor passes may be refused if a tenant is found to be abusing the policy and/or is frequently late in returning visitor passes when taken out. They may also be refused should a tenant become behind in his/her rental payments.
*The towing company for G&R Rentals is Express Towing: 1301 W. Main, Carbondale, IL: 618-457-1001